Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pantone Selects Color of the Year for 2008

Today, there was a customer who asked me whats the colour in trend this season. I know that I am supposed to say that all the colours in our store are of the latest season, but I just thought that I could do some research, and say convincingly that a particular colour IS the colour of the season.

Here is what I found:


Pantone, Inc. had selected PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris, a beautifully balanced blue-purple, as the color of the year for 2008. Combining the stable and calming aspects of blue with the mystical and spiritual qualities of purple, Blue Iris satisfies the need for reassurance in a complex world, while adding a hint of mystery and excitement."

"Look for it artfully combined with deeper plums, red-browns, yellow-greens, grapes and grays."

These are some ways to play around with Iris Blue:















No comments: